RE: Character encoding mismatch

Hi Chris,

In addition to the possibility of the script generating the content-type, it's also possible that the server itself is generating the content type header.  For example, if you're running IIS, launch the Internet Services Manager" and bring up the properties for the default web site.  There should be a tab for "HTTP Headers."  This will tell you if IIS is sending a content-type header for every page it serves up.

I assume the server generated headers take precedence when there's a conflict, but can't say for sure.

Also, make sure there's not a long series of ISO-8859-1 characters, preceding the Meta tag containing the encoding information.  I ran into this once where the JavaScript was in the wrong place, and the browser guessed 8859-1 before it got to the meta tag specifying Shift-JIS.  Easy to fix once the cause was identified, but it was hard to find.

Sue

rom <http://www.domain.com>www.domain.<http://www.domain.com>com and not
/chinese? Does /chinese have to be converted into a subweb or something?

I would be grateful if someone could shed some light for me here.

Thanks in advance.
Chris