RE: Shift_JIS , UTF-16, iso-2022-jp

First of all UTF-16 is not a recommended encoding for the wire/internet.

In case, if the page is encoded in UTF-16, there can be endian issues also.
You may need to try it out on both endian platforms (like Mac and Windows)
to nail down this problem.

Regarding the font, If you are Win2K/XP user with Japanese fonts you can set
the font to "Tahoma" for UTF-16, it will take care of picking up the right
font for you

-Vinod