From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Diaz, Michelle
(Bolton) (by way of Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>)
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 8:53 AM
To: www-international@w3.org
Subject: Shift_JIS , UTF-16, iso-2022-jp

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me. We send out html files for Japanese
translation. These files are returned with the encoding:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-16">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Language" CONTENT="jp">

With this encoding, I cannot view the Japanese fonts, only box characters. I
tried using other encodings: Shift_JIS, and iso-2022-jp. But these all don't
seem to work.

What other things could I pinpoint to know why these fonts are displaying
properly? Could it be the use of text editor versus html editor?  Am I
missing another tag?

Please help me! Thanks in advance.
Michelle