Re: [grcdi] Re: Markup for names and for postal addresses

Graham Rhind wrote:

> There is already a standard for personal names and addresses in XML, from Oasis. Information
> is available from http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq/index.shtml

I am sorry that I missed that, am glad it was mentioned, and still have questions.

Given the wide scope of and high need for names and addresses, what role does the
W3C Internationalization Activity play in their development?  What role should the
Activity play?

And how does the Internationalization Activity regard other undertakings that affect the
whole Web?  Does the Activity intend to participate intimately when internationalization
is an issue?  Will Team members offer W3C-sanctioned comments on specifications
developed outside W3C?  Will the Internationalization Activity recognize, promote, or
use outside specifications?

As far as I can tell, these questions are not answered in the Activity statement
(<http://www.w3.org/International/Activity.html>).

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>