RE: advice please

Here are a few resources you might want to consider:

--W3C XML site:  http://www.w3.org/XML/

--XML Internationalization FAQ:  http://www.opentag.com/xmli18nfaq.htm

--Link list on www.i18ngurus.com:
http://www.i18ngurus.com/docs/984979397.html

--"XML Internationalization and Localization" (a book by Yves Savourel):
http://www.opentag.com/xmli18n/

--Internationalization discussion list on yahoogroups.com: