Re: charset list

Michael,
The best lists you can find are the lists of charsets supported by the product
you're looking at.  For example, here are the lists of charsets supported by
Java:

Java 1.1
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html

Java 1.2
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/guide/internat/encoding.doc.html

Java 1.3
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html

and those by Netscape:

Navigator 4.5b
http://people.netscape.com/erik/nav-charsets/4.5b2.html

Mozilla (may also apply to Netscape 6)
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/intl/chardet.html

I can't find lists of supported charsets for IE, and searching the MS site is
useless.  Does anyone out there have these links?

Mail client generated names and mail server recognized names can also be useful,
but there are way too many of them to list, and this info is usually not readily
available.

Andrea