Re: International Internet Icons

OK, I'll have to go back to my copy. I thought pictures of houses was
pointed out as not appropriate in his book.

The "however", that goes with this, is that some icons have been used
so much in software, that even though they were not international to
begin with, they become international thru exposure. Just as many
computer related words become international and a part of other
languages' lexicons.

The "however" that goes with the first "however" is that as new
regional markets become computer literate, they have to learn these
"foreign" symbols from scratch.

tex