RE: Localization of XML

Martin,

Thank-you for your questions of clarification.  I can not speak for Suzanne,
but as for myself, I am looking at

   1. What XML properties or attributes lend themselves to
         the I18N of applications created by XML (i.e. does
         it have a Lang property, does it have an equivalent
         to the HTML charset attribute for setting encodings,
         etc.)?

   2. What is the use of XML in the I18N/L10N industry?

   3. How should I use XML to internationalize/localize my
         web content?

Then the answers to your questions:

- Localization of tags?

- Use of XML for locale data?

- Use of XML to mark up locale-sensitive or locale-independent data?

Would also be enlightening.  If you could point me to any references you
might know of to any of the above, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Regards, Russ