Re: Serious bug on www.microsoft.com

Why don't we send microsoft bug reports directly to a few of the
Microsoft folks on this list, instead of the unicode list?
tex

On Nov 21, 10:35am, Sam Sun wrote:
> Subject: Re: Serious bug on www.microsoft.com
> There is a similar bug from Front Page 97, the Microsoft's web
authering
> tool.
>
> When used to generate HTML documents using Simplified Chinese Character
Set

<www.microsoft.com>,
> >contain an illegal charset name.  Note that I am not referring to page
> ><www.microsoft.com/ie40.asp>, which contains a legal charset name.
> >
> >The illegal name is "ISO8859-1".  The IANA charset register does not
> >contain such an alias for "ISO-8859-1" and many browsers do not
recognise
> >the string "ISO8859-1".
> >
> >I am glad to see that Front Pad inserts the correct charset name.

---
> >  Misha Wolf            Email: misha.wolf@reuters.com     85 Fleet
Street
> >  Standards Manager     Voice: +44 171 542 6722           London EC4P
4AJ
> >  Reuters Limited       Fax  : +44 171 542 8314           UK

---
> >12th International Unicode Conference, 8-9 Apr 1998, Tokyo,
www.unicode.org
> >   7th World Wide Web Conference, 14-18 Apr 1998, Brisbane,
www7.conf.au

> >Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender,
> >except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views
of
> >Reuters Ltd.
> >

>-- End of excerpt from Sam Sun

Tex Texin
Manager International Products

Progress Software Corp.        Voice:   +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park                      Fax:   +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730  USA
http://www.progress.com      texin@bedford.progress.com
Klaatu Berata Nicto