Re: Euro currency sign

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Martin Bryan wrote:

>  Michael Everson wrote:

> >Ar 18:16 +0100 1997-10-20, scríobh Martin J. Dürst:
>
> >>So for dates on the web,
> >>always use something like February 3, 2004.
>
> >How about encouraging the use of ISO standards, and use 2004-02-03? :-)
>
> Better still conform to the subset of 8601 laid down by W3C for use on the
> Internet in their recently published note on Date and Time Formats. (OK this
> is the same thing in this case, but we need to publicise the fact that there
> are Internet rules a bit better)

Well, I think it is important here to distinguish computer-readable dates
and dates in running text. My proposal was for dates in running text,
in the middle of a web page. In that case, I would strongly advise against
2004-02-03; it just looks very ugly. Of course, in all kinds of structured
formats, ISO 8601, or a suitable subset such as that defined in the W3C
note (+leap seconds, as recently discovered and supposedly not supported
by ISO 8601), is the best selection.

Regards,	Martin.