Re: [Comment on WS-I18N WD]

Hi Dan,

Dan Chiba さんは書きました:

> Based on the recent discussions, I revised the proposed specific i18n
> items for explicit inclusion as follows:
>
> 1. Locale (BCP 47 | "$neutral" | "$default")
> 2. Timezone (Olson ID or RFC 822 zone offset)
> 3. Language (identifies translation language, BCP 47)
> 4. Collation (based on the IANA collation registry)
> 5. Date/Time Formats (based on LDML syntax)
> 6. Number Format (based on LDML syntax)
> 7. Currency Format (based on LDML syntax)
> 8. Calendar (based on LDML calendar type?)
>
> Changes are:
> * Locale identifier expects BCP 47 (delimiter is dash; no underscore).
> * Language is moved down to become a child of i18n:preferences. (only
> locale and tz are immediately under i18n:international)
> * Charset is removed.
>
> Clarifications:
> * 3 - 8 are all optional.
> * Language element may be used when it is desirable to honor user's
> locale and language preferences independently.
> * The language element is at
> i18n:international/i18n:preferences/i18n:language. BCP 47 defines
> valid values.
> * The collation element is at
> i18n:international/i18n:preferences/iana:collation. Collation Registry
> defines valid values.
> * The namespace for the collation element needs to be defined. (prefix
> and the URI)
>
> Is this a reasonable list of the element items now?

it looks reasonable to me and I'm fine with editing the draft
accordingly . Of course there will be other more comments like the one
from Frank in this thread, but we have enough material to change the
draft. I will also change the schema at
http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-i18n/ws-i18n.xsd
I'll come back to this thread after both is done.

Felix