Re: [Comment on ITS WD] xml:lang = language info, please

Hi Addison, all,

We discussed this at the thread at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-its/2006JulSep/0136.html
and came up with the following wording:

"Applying the Language Information data category to xml:lang attributes
using global rules is not necessary, since xml:lang is the standard way to
specify language information in XML. xml:lang is defined
in terms of RFC3066 or its successor. (RFC4646 is the successor to RFC
3066.)"
We would have a normative reference to RFC4646 and a non-normative one to
RFC3066.

Would that be fine with you?

Felix