Re: Computer languages in langage tag

On 2010-04-14 11:39, Mariusz Gliwiński wrote:
> On 2010-04-14 11:27, David Woolley wrote:
>> Mariusz Gliwiński wrote:
>>> I'm astonished about absence of computer languages in HTML lang tag.
>>> As I can see You are using RFC 5646
>>> <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5646.txt> language specification
>>> which aims only for human languages. Unfortunately, I don't see a
>>> point of
>>
>> HTML is intended for human consumption.  Information for machine
>> consumption should have an application/..... media type.
>>
>> Of have I not understood the question?
>>
>>> separating lang and code tags. The only difference between this two
>>> are target user and tighter syntax in computer ones. My goal is to
>>> make information in my CMS best structured and described for uses in
>>> semantic web. Furthermore, I believe we can learn computers
>>> understand human languages in the future. Firstly, could You lighten
>>> me up the reasons of distinguishing them? Secondly, is there any way
>>> to treat both groups in similar manner in standards friendly way?
> Seems like we don't understand each other (in both directions). The
> basic question is why do we have separate <code> and <lang> elements?
> Hope it'll let You proceed reading my previous e-mail.
Sorry for being unclear, I've ment of course lang attribute and code
element. The goal is to specify computer language as lang of block, so
"printf('Hello World');"
might be considered as
"printf('Hello World');" -> computer C language
"Hello World" -> english language
and deeper in recursion to let embed one in another.