Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

Hi Luca,

> @2008-06-23 20:14 +0200:
> Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>>> any other comments on why the "style" attribute would be deprecated?
>> I honestly don't remember the history on that. I was not involved
>> directly in work on the XHTML Basic spec. But I'd speculate that
>> it was due to the desire to separate out all presentational markup
>> and to require authors and content provides to a separate external
>> or embedded CSS stylesheet instead of inline styles.
> sure, but this is the kind of things that makes one wonder whether those
> who create the W3C recommendations have ever been involved in a real
> project and have faced the challenges developers find in real life (such
> as not being able to separate  style and content as neatly as the W3C
> heads assume to be possible). In fact, I would argue that it's not even
> possible to define what is style and what is content on a general basis.
>
> Where do I apply for requesting "undeprecation" of the style attribute.

The "Status of this Document" section for all published W3C
Working Draft, Candidate/Proposed Recommendations always lists the
address of a mailing list to which comments should be sent.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/#status

In the case of XHTML Basic 1.0, it seems it's www-html-editor@w3.org
In notice that the SOTD for XHTML Basic 1.0 also says that the
deadline for sending such comments July 15.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/