Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>> any other comments on why the "style" attribute would be deprecated?
>>

> I honestly don't remember the history on that. I was not involved
> directly in work on the XHTML Basic spec. But I'd speculate that
> it was due to the desire to separate out all presentational markup
> and to require authors and content provides to a separate external
> or embedded CSS stylesheet instead of inline styles.
sure, but this is the kind of things that makes one wonder whether those
who create the W3C recommendations have ever been involved in a real
project and have faced the challenges developers find in real life (such
as not being able to separate  style and content as neatly as the W3C
heads assume to be possible). In fact, I would argue that it's not even
possible to define what is style and what is content on a general basis.

Where do I apply for requesting "undeprecation" of the style attribute.

Luca