Re: name="" deprecated in XHTML

David Woolley schrieb:

> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
>>

>> I'm confused as to what these "names" would be for. We can name
>> individual elements and we can name groups of elements. What more do
>> we need?
>
> As I understand it, he wants to associate all the href="#...."'s for the
> same value of "...." together in the document, but for some reason
> (presumably hiding the semantics in Javascript) he doesn't want to
> actually have explicit links.  (The targets are footnotes.)

no, i was not tied to a specific problem, i just thought that having name
beside class and id would be a good choice, for different reasons ...

as i assume using name instead of class is more common to find elements in
the DOM, even if this can be done with the class too (and implemented by the
browser vendors natively too) i still think having the name attribute is not
wrong and still helpfully ... especially when thinking in an abstract way of
objects, which i like to have them named, classified and indexed ...

--
Sebastian Mendel