Re: XHTML Basic 1.1 and setting input field to numeric mode

The implication of this seems to be that I cannot specify things like:

- a field that takes 4 and only 4 digits (a pin code)
- a field that takes up to 4 digits (an international country code)
- a field that takes a VISA credit card number:
    NNNN\-NNNN\-NNNN\-NNNN

this is obviously a step back compared to what is possible today in
terms of user experience on mobile devices.
Did those involved in the XHTML Basic 1.1 spec ever built a mobile
application?

Luca