RE: META is www-html obsolete?

Thanks Karl and Doug.

Apparently the situation is still that, although the archives are
publicly available, I am unable to subscribe to this list.  (I am an
employee of a member company but not a member of the new html wg.)

Is there somewhere the rationale for this in my view unfortunate
circumstance is documented?

Best wishes,

Melinda