Re: code, samp, kbd, var

Tina Holmboe wrote:
> During the debate regarding HTML 5 it has, by several people, been
> claimed, repeatedly, that presentational elements - all of them - will
> be added to the new language as time go by.

I think you may have misunderstood what has been said about other
presentational elements.  There is no intention to make any more of them
conforming for documents.

However, all elements, including other presentational elements, will be
added to the spec in order to define the processing requirements that
UAs must implement.  Many of them are already incorporated into the
parsing section, for instance, and they will all be described in the
rendering section as well.  They will not be described in any section
applying to document conformance.

>> presentational. They stand for mood changes and other text that is neither
>
> And then there is <m> ...

<m> is not presentational.  It has valid semantic use cases, but it's
definition in the spec just isn't clear enough at the moment.  It should
be fixed in due course.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/