Re: Cleaning House

On 3 May 2007, at 11:57, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> No, the big problem with that approach is that end users, who
> really don't care how the site is coded, get caught in the middle
> of a war between hostile UAs and authors who make mistakes.  It's
> the end users, and ultimately browser vendors, who will lose in the
> end.

I again simply can't agree.
How does an end user get caught in the middle?

Author makes mistake, page doesn't render, he fixes it, or falls back
on html4.
Either way, the page works, and the end user is not involved in the
process.

I also don't agree with the use of the word hostile. Can you indicate
what you mean by it in this context.

Thanks
Gareth