Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

Barry wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> Which takes precedence if both are specified, and they differ?  In
>> fact, which takes precedence if an author inclueds 2 or more title
>> elements?
>
> The specs are clear enough that both forms of the title equivalent, so
> including both or two of either should be considered an error by the
> rendering engine

Where exactly does the spec specify that it is an error to include both
<title> and <meta property="title">?  Are you just making an assumption
about it's intended meaning?

> and it's not practical to specify how every possible error should be handled.
> In this case, I suggest a warning from the validator if two titles exist and
> an error if the titles' content differs.

If it can't be specified, how can it possibly be implemented?

User Agents need to handle absolutely everything authors throw at them.
  Somebody needs to implement the user agent to do so.  If a
specification can't define what an implementation must do, how can
anyone possibly make one that is conforming?

Programmers would be forced to make assumptions about the parts of the
spec that are poorly defined, or completely undefined, and different
programmers will almost certainly make different assumptions.  Different
assumptions lead to different implementations that are not interoperable.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/