Re: [html] Elements within "title"?

One way to look at it: Ordinarily the page title is used in contexts
where HTML isn't even rendered, such as the title bar of a native OS
window. It isn't content, it's metadata, and it doesn't lend itself to
being styled any more than the author ("Mike <i>Stinky</i> Marshall?")

Another perspective: Suppose the page is about imaginary numbers and a
sensible title would be "The story of <i>i</i> and the complex numbers".
It would be great if OS windows could be counted on to allow the "i" to
be italicized.