Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Are you saying you were surprised to discover we weren't developing a
> presentational language?

Yes.  Especially given that its supporters were bandying around terms
like "anti-presentationalists".  There are still lots of issues, though,
  e.g. changing the way character sets are specified without retaining
the legacy mechanism (I have more noted and will probably find even more
if I can find time to do a proper review).

> You might be equally surpised to learn that the spec will be defining
> all widely used and supported presentational features in due course.
> However, that doesn't mean their use will be conforming.

Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn't yet do this, probably means it
isn't much use for Lynx, as the developers would probably have to do a
major re-write which would involve finding their own solutions to the
handling of other constructs.  Some of this will be necessary, even for
hte final specification, as I doubt that you will be providing rules for
HTML 3.0 compatibility.