Re: [XHTML1.1] Error in Conformance Definition document?

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> +1 for making serving XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml a MUST. In the
> current XML-hostile climate, I would see no harm in W3C also defining an
> text/html serialization of XHTML 1.1, especially in order to backport
> accessibility features (HTML 4.02 would be an equally good name for
> this). But please end the twilight zone non-transitional transition of
> XHTML 1.0 as text/html.

I am sympathetic to the idea of a text/html serialization... but we got
slapped pretty hard for doing that in XHTML 1.0.  Basically, such a
"serialization" ends up being a series of conventions that, if adhered
to, will permit well formed, valid XHTML 1.1 content to sort of work in
legacy user agents.  Is that what you are looking for?  Or did you have
something else in mind?