Re: [XHTML1.1] Error in Conformance Definition document?

Shane McCarron wrote:
> the current text reads:
>
> XHTML 1.1 documents SHOULD be labeled with the Internet Media Type
> "application/xhtml+xml" as defined in RFC3236.  For further information
> on using media types with XHTML, see the informative note XHTMLMIME.

Can you actually write a MUST level requirement in that?  I suggest you
use this, or equivalent:

XHTML 1.1 documents MUST be labelled with an XML Media Type such as
application/xml [RFC3023] or application/xhtml+xml [RFC3236] and MUST
NOT be labelled as text/html [RFC2854].

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/