Re: [XHTML1.1] Error in Conformance Definition document?

On Monday, April 02, 2007 3:37 am Paul Nelson (ATC) wrote:
> If you are making a simple web page do you really want the user to be
> setting MIME type of "application/xhtml+xml"? It seems that "text/html"
> or creating a MIME type of "text/xhtml" for well formed requirement
> would be a better option. Most pages are not applications.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul

If you're using XHTML 1.1 or XHTML 1.0 in XML mode, yes.  text/html is for
HTML or XHTML in compatibility mode.

And if it weren't for browsers not supporting application/xhtml+xml correctly
(hackIEhack), this probably wouldn't matter, as the servers would be
configured properly to begin with.

You seem to have missed that the proper MIME type of XML is application/xml
and that most XML MIME types are in the application section.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!