Re: [Moderator Action] Re: [XHTML 2.0] Only one emphasis tag

--- David Latapie <david@empyree.org> wrote:

> Le 25 sept. 06 à 15:00, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
>
> > On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:54:30 +0200, David Latapie <david@empyree.org>
> > wrote:
> >> -- <em role="0">    default
> >> -- <em role="+1">   equivalent to em
> >> -- <em role="+2">   equivalent to strong
> >> -- <em role="-1">   less important, may be rendered as font-size:smaller
> >
> > This proposal doesn't cover nesting.
>
> Do you mean emphasis inside an emphasis? I suggest *addition*

That seems like it may be a bit complicated for browsers to implement. Why not just let the values
speak for themselves.

<em role="+1">This is some what emphasized. <em role="-2">This is fairly strongly de-emphasized<em
role="+2">This is fairly strongly emphasized</em> Back to fairly strongly de-emphasized</em> Back
to some what emphasized.</em>

Granted this would not nor should not be considered good practice, but i think that's how nesting
should be handled