Re: [XHTML 2.0] emphesis

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Ognyan Kulev wrote:

> For those interested, Wikipedia article
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emphasis_%28typography%29 is sufficiently
> good for explaining what is emphasis and how it's achieved.

Wikipedia is useless as a reference in any constructive discussion, except
perhaps as a reference to a text sample (much like we might refer to
inscriptions on a toilet wall). Besides, even the URL suggests that the
page is about _expressing_ emphasis in typography rather than explaining
what emphasis _is_ (as a device- and representation-independent concept).

> <em> and <strong> are inline tags (in the inner of paragraph or
> sentence) so when entire paragraph is involved, it's really about class
> or role.

That doesn't answer my question about emphasizing paragraphs. Calling
emphasis "class" or "role" just avoids the question.