Re: code and blockcode

Le 2 juil. 06 à 21:40, Laurens Holst a écrit :
> This shows how ASCII art is very useful in email to make a quick
> drawing of how something works. (Note that I went a little
> overboard here and used box drawings instead of simply +, - and
> |’s.) Had I used an image editor, it would have taken me a lot more
> time.

It shows also how your ascii art didn't appear in good shape in my
mailer. Everything was broken because I had a proportional font.

I think it would be a lot more useful to try to encourage MUA* to
implement an interoperable  profile  of HTML for things which are a
bit more evolved. Then a simple SVG tiny authoring tool inside the
MUA could do a lot, or generating a version in PNG and even could be
exported as ASCII ART. :)

* Mail User Agent

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***