Re: The xhtml:onkeypress architecture

Henri Sivonen schreef:
>> * Steven Pemberton wrote:
>>> Modularization certainly does serve a purpose, for instance keeping a
>>> handle on different language profiles, such as XHTML Basic, Print and
>>> 1.1, and documenting extension points to ease the process of combining
>>> different schemas, as Masayasu Ishikawa demonstrated in his
>>> XHTML+MathML+SVG profile
>>> (http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/),
>>> therefore making it easier to define extensions (or contractions) to
>>> XHTML.
>
> I may be totally missing the point, but how does the Modularization
> make creating modified DTDs/schemas easier than duplicating a
> monolithic DTD/schema and adding or removing stuff?

Oh, XHTML Modularisation is very convenient! For the product we sell at
my workplace, we have a proprietary language on top of XHTML (in its own
namespace), and for that it’s much more convenient to build on top of
XHTML modularisation than on e.g. the XML Schema for XHTML 1.0.

> It appears that subsetters may want to subset in ways different from
> those that were not recommended by the HTML WG anyway:
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0071.html#profile-text

At least we don’t…

~Grauw