Re: Why profile="" allows only one URI

Hi Björn,
hi Tantek!

Am/Um 02:24 15.02.2006 schrieb Bjoern Hoehrmann:
>Hi Tantek,
>
>   You remember our discussion around HTML Tidy's lack of support for
>multiple URIs in the HTML profile="" attribute. I'm happy to tell you
>the HTML Working Group resolved the problem in the XHTML M12N 1.1 PR
>by further prohibiting multiple URIs; the rationale they provide is
>
>   "The datatype for the profile was indeed changed to URI in M12N on
>   purpose, specifically so that it would be possible to use it as a
>   possible means to identify compound document profiles in the future."
>
>     --
> http://hades.mn.aptest.com/cgi-bin/voyager-issues/Modularization-abstractions?id=8168
>
>Now, they didn't really change it since it never allowed multiple ones,
>but as you can see, in the end my forward-looking refusal to support
>multiple ones payed off!

I remember the personal mail exchange between you, Tantek an me, which
happened over a year ago or so, where we discussed this problem.
On http://sierkbornemann.de/ I use the profile attribute, wanting to
refer to two profiles: http://gmpg.org/xfn/11 and my own defined one.
Trying to solve this problem, I have merged the two profiles into one,
as you can see on http://sierkbornemann.de/profiles/core. So, I have
only one URI to use in the profile attribute.
What do you mean to my solution? Could it be a legal doorway, escaping
the problem?

Regards,
Sierk

Sierk Bornemann | Hannover | Germany