Re: hreflang

Jukka K. Korpela schreef:
> (And the hreflang attribute probably always remains useless.
> Personally, I use it sometimes - as a documentation for myself mostly.

I style it as e.g. a [fr] next to the link. This is convenient because
while in an English text, I can warn my English readers in advance that
the link they are about to follow is in French.

> But it's actually worse than useless when it is incorrect. And the
> destination of a link _may_ change language - perhaps switching to a
> language-negotiated version - without notifying people who link to it.)

Well, I suppose that’s what the new definition of hreflang is trying to
avoid. Although I’m not sure that’s a good idea; I’d say the visitor
would obviously prefer the link to be in a language he understands.

~Grauw