Re: Question about XHTML 2.0 and content type

Jim Ley wrote:
> XHTML should get a diferent mime-type than application/xhtml+xml
> otherwise we cannot content-negotiate it with clients that support
> XHTML 1.1 but not 2.0.

There is an optional profile parameter defined for application/xhtml+xml
in RFC 3236.  Besides stating that it accepts a URI, it's currently not
defined very well except to say that it's designed for content
negotiation.  The example in the RFC uses the URI of the XHTML Basic
DTD, although using the namespace URI, since it's different from XHTML
1.x, might be a better alternative.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/