Re: Re: Re: samp, kbd, var and code

On 8/23/06, magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com> wrote:

> That is an obvious reason for <code> to be useful.  It lets human
> readers know what that line of text is, it's code for something.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. I am not arguing for their
removal out of this world, but rather out of the basic XHTML2
specification. I am well aware that they serve a purpose for people
marking up information from the compsci domain. The fact that they
belong to a specific domain makes it clear that they shouldn't be in
the foundation of a generic document markup specification.