Re: Re: samp, kbd, var and code

On 8/23/06, Toby Inkster <tobyink@goddamn.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes -- this is mostly my point. XHTML 2 still has too much compsci stuff
> in it. I can see how <code> can be useful: I use it myself frequently,
> which is why it's not in the subject line of this thread.

I am sorry but "code" is not part of a generic document markup format
even if you personally find it useful. As covered earlier, the
extensibility of XHTML2 makes it easy for you to add whatever module
you may require for your domain.

code and blockcode should be removed with samp, kbd and var. Is there
anyone on this list that can argument for their existence?