Re: aliases for elements

At 11:00 AM -0400 8/10/06, Jim Jewett wrote:
>The current draft offers both id and xml:id, but says not to use both ...
>
>Is there any way for an xml module to alias or import an element, so
>that the unnamespaced version (or the version in its own namespace) is
>seen as equivalent to a specified element from elsewhere?

I think the answer is that you can.

For expert advice on how; and perhaps when to do this and when not to
do it, you might try to wake up the list at

<public-schemata-users@w3.org>.

For an idea of what they are about, you could browse

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemata-users/2005Oct/thread.html#3

.. first, if you wish.

Al

PS: basic how-to-join etc. is findable from

http://www.w3.org/Mail/Request