Re: XHTML Applications and XML Processors [was Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript]

* Mark Birbeck wrote:
>But for some reason you are choosing to ignore my main point, which is
>that for interoperability purposes, the processing model should be the
>same regardless of whether a SAX-style approach is used, a DOM is
>used, or some other model is used.

I think I made it clear that I understand your point, and I've explained
that interoperability will not be achieved as you propose, for there are
more important considerations than interoperability; or alternatively,
that the progressive processing model would be defined more strictly in-
stead of what you propose if "interoperability" is considered important.
It is not possible to both meet user needs and delay processing until
after the whole document can be and is made available to script.

>But even more importantly, this technique is only necessary in an HTML
>document; in an XHTML document, as I have tried to argue, the XML
>processing model means that we need to assume that *conceptually* the
>full XML document is available to us.

It does not.