Re: XHTML 2 issue tracking system?

Jim Ley wrote:

>"Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com> wrote in message
>

>>It is not a mailing list.  It is an issue tracking system, and has been in
>>use by the HTML Working Group for many years now.  I requested you send
>>your issues there to streamline the process,
>>

>Thankyou for the clarification, I sent all subsequent ones along to - other
>than the ones I'd already sent, so there are 9 or 10 that need adding, I
>have not done that, if you would like me to forward copies of these to the
>list I can do if it is helpful.

That would be great!  Thanks!

>>To be clear, there is no way to "subscribe" to that system.  It is an
>>issue tracking system, and every issue we have ever received is tracked
>>therein.  When you submit an issue, you receive an acknowledgment from
>>that system.  You will also receive further communications from the system
>>as issues are addressed.
>>

>I also understand from recent information that a copy goes to the member W3
>mailing list of the HTML Working Group?  This is the sort of thing I was
>concerned about, the non-obvious side effects of emailing that address, and
>going to the member address is one - so I wish to make it clear that all the
>comments were raised on www-html-editor@w3.org in public, and all formal
>list.

Yeah.  I understand your request.  The reason the working group is
copied on incoming requests is to that the working group can discuss
them between meetings, and so that the responses can be automatically
tracked by the system (assuming, of course, that the responders remember
to copy the system).

A shortcoming of the system we use is that there is not a great way to
track that you want www-html-editor copied on correspondence about the
issue.  From a process perspective, we really want to send responses
directly to the submitter so that we are certain they have a good chance
of being seen.  I will see what I can do about modifying the tracking
system to add an automatic CC if the original submission was also CC'd.
Do you think that would satisfy your request?