Re: XHTML 2 Issue handling

"Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com> wrote in message
news:42954711.6010303@aptest.com...
> However, those responses are almost always sent privately - not to these
> forums.  This process, and the way this Working Group handles public
> comments, substantially predates the process documents to which Bjoern
> refers.

Could you please point me to the location of the archive of these responses?
Issues which I may have agreed with, but not raised as they had previously
been raised may actually be already addressed, it would useful to see the

> This can cause it to take much longer to respond to the issue, and can
> also make it difficult to respond with specifics to individual
> submissions - the resolutions become co-mingled.

I am sure you can respond to each reviewer with a substantially identical
response, even that is much better than no-response at all.  If the above
applies to any of my issues, can you please respond to me, as currently it
appears I've just had no response at all, I do not want to suddenly have a
Last Call, and find I'm having to re-raise and clarify issues that I thought
were raised in a timely manner, but the WG felt had been addressed but never
actually informed me.

> To that end, I have subscribed to this discussion list, and will attempt
> to participate actively as the XHTML 2 documents move forward.

I find it very disappointing that you'd decided not to previously, despite
the strong encouragement of the WG Charter.   I am of course glad you're
finally here though.  Perhaps we might see issues addressed in quicker than
20 months now.

Cheers,

Jim.