Re: Divs and frames...

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:13:53AM +1000, Joachim Ekstrand wrote:

> I would like to have something like a div-tag (probably formatted by
> a style-sheet) that has a contents source property so you can change
> the contents and just load the contents in the div-tag.
>
> Something like:

Which would reintroduce all the serious problems with frames
(i.e. being impossible to provide a URL to the modified
document).

Since it involves _changing_ the content of the document on the fly,
this also strikes me as a job for JavaScript rather then HTML anyway.

> A simular behavior I believe I can achieve with some Javascript, but then
> it would not be nice and clear code. And I would not get the behaviour of
> just reload the contents in the div-tag only.

Its relatively trivial with the technologies that are being
buzz-worded as Ajax, but its probably not worth it.