Re: [XHTML2] How are UAs to interpret <h> and <hx> elements?

David Woolley wrote:
> This is obviously taking the "there can be no error cases" line, but
> it also has shades of the separator argument.  Although Hn isn't empty,
> it is still structurally a separator.

Then that would make <h> a separator in some cases too. e.g.

<section>
   <h>Foo</h>

   <h>Bar</h>
</section>

In the above case, the Bar heading is structurally a seperator from the
Foo section.  Is this a problem?  Should we require that such content be
marked up like this:

<section>
   <h>Foo</h>
</section>
<section>
   <h>Bar</h>
</section>

Or, should we just say that both examples are semantically identical,
and accept the separator-like behaviour in this case?

With regards to the hn elements, I'd rather see their removal from
XHTML2, especially given that they're in a different namespace from
XHTML1.  I really can't see any reason for their inclusion at all.

If, however, XHTML2 does end up using the XHTML1 namespace, as has been
requested several times, then there would be a reason to include, but
deprecate, them and define their semantics when used in combination with
<section> and <h>

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/