Re: [XHTML2] How are UAs to interpret <h> and <hx> elements?

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
> I request that the XHTML2 specification include an algorithm that exactly
> defines how to obtain a document outline from a given XHTML2 document, so
> that user agents can interoperabily represent document outlines.

Whilst I agree H and Hx is relatively under specified in the XHTML 2 draft -
do we really want to make document outlines all the same?  I would consider
document outlines the sort of value added functionality that can
differentiate between user agents, I certainly can't see any requirement for
interopability in them, they're not content, they're just a convenient
overview for the user, what the user wants here should be paramount, not
some defined algorithm.

Cheers,

Jim.