Re: separator/seperator Re: About XHTML 2.0

For the record, one such reference is Orson Scott Card, _Characters &
Viewpoint_, 1988 Writer's Digest Books, p. 157 under the heading
"Changing Viewpoint Characters".

A few interesting notes:

* He calls it a "line space"

* For styling, in a manuscript delivered to a publisher, it would always
be written "*   *   *" or similar

* In a final published work, it would appear as an extra blank line,
unless it appears at the start/end of a page, in which case it would
appear as "*   *   *" or similar. (From a style perspective, this backs
up the thought that a distinct element should be used, in order to give
the style engine a "hook" upon which to render it appropriately.)

* This particular work doesn't address non-visual rendering of this
construct.

.micah

--
  Available for consulting. XForms, web forms, information overload.
  Micah Dubinko                           mailto:micah@dubinko.info