Re: Nesting <HTML>...</HTML> tag pairs

Neal Murphy wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 21:05, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
>>No.  Why don't you try including each document within an <object> element.
>>
>><object data="document.html" type="text/html" ... >
>></object>
>
> In other words, include the HTML document in an enclosing container in the
> page?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, so I'll just refer you to the
description of the object element in the HTML spec [1] so you may
understand a little more about what that markup does.

> For some reason, I'm not seeing the difference between displaying the nested
> HTML in a frame and displaying the nested HTML in a table cell.

It's not about the presentation, it's about using the correct markup to
do the job.

> They both accomplish the same thing, with the latter seeming to present
> a cleaner display.

Use stylesheets to specify how it will be dispalyed, the markup should
say absolutely nothing about the presentation.

Using object is just one possible solution to your problem, but if it's
not suitable, nor any other suggestion given to you, I suggest you try
an HTML help, or maybe a server side processing help mailing
list/newsgroup/forum to ask how you may go about solving your problem.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#edef-OBJECT
--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/