Re: Nesting <HTML>...</HTML> tag pairs

At Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:22:41PM -0500, Neal Murphy wrote:
> Granted, in an ideal world, every web page should be written perfectly from
> scratch. Unfortunately, our world is not ideal and is wrought with
> imperfections. Allowing HTML documents to be nested would make it easier for
> people (some with no web site authoring abilities) to contribute to dynamic
> web site.

I think you're looking at this from the wrong angle.

Users may well contribute bad HTML, or what not.  But it's the responsibility of
the publishing framework to fix it for them.

The task of removing all markup which isn't inside the <body/> before display
is a highly trivial one, and I don't think adding the ability to nest entire
documents into a document really helps in any way.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz@trypticon.org>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/