Re: Backwards Compatibility - XForms

You can actually. If you embed it in an XHTML document and reference the
namespace, you can use XForms in your XHTML document. However, there _would_
need to be a way for a UA to determine if XForms or HTML Forms will be used.
This would be an XHTML issue though, not an XForms issue. Scripting could be
used to achieve the desired effect, but XHTML2 is trying to focus more on
client-side validation without scripting. Perhaps a 'noforms' element would
be a welcome addition? (bad name for an element, I know) ^_^