Re: Simplicity of Concept

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 03:53:07PM -0500, Orion Adrian wrote:

> It seems to me that there is this belief that meta data can't be
> displayed. Metadata gets displayed all the time in all sorts of
> contexts.  An abstract is printed, but it's still metadata.  Titles
> are also meta data and they're also printed.

The problem is actually that there is no strict definition what
constitutes meta data and what is "real" data. You could construe about
everthing to be meta data, and you could construe about everything to be
real data. The border depends solely on the viewpoint; and this
viewpoint can be set arbitrarily.

Drawing the border between visible content and invisible supplemental
data is perfectly valid, and makes sense for various practical reasons.

-antrik-