Re: <link> vs. <script> for external scripts

Hi,

Sorry, I did not not understand the question/problem. The example's
complexType names were probably misleading.

I believe you were correct when you wrote that XML Schema cannot do
what you (and Lachlan) describe. You would get a definitive answer on
the xmlschema mailing list.

I thought about using constraints (key/keyref) but gave up. I thought
about using a 'choice' which might be able to be used if you can
constrain the choice.

The inheritance in XML Schema doesn't cascade like you describe. What
you guys need, which can't be done in the same namespace, is to have
two completely different elements with the same local-name.

I don't know if this is a failing of HTML or XML Schema.

Sorry I could not help,
-Rob