Re: <link> vs. <script> for external scripts

Robert Koberg wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2003, at 7:45 AM, Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2003 12:47 schrieb Lachlan Hunt:
>>
>>>   Actually, what I should have asked previously is: Is there anyway,
>>> using an XML Schema, to specify that the content model is to be
>>> inherited from its parent element?.
>>>   ie. No matter where <script> and <noscript> elements occur, we don't
>>> want elements inside <noscript> that would not normally be allowed to
>>> occur within the parent element.
>>
> I am jumping in late (just saw the thread), you can use a complexType
> to get inheritance. For example:
>
> <xs:complexType name="BaseNode">
>   <xs:sequence>
>     <xs:group ref="name:core.elems"/>
>   </xs:sequence>
>   <xs:attributeGroup ref="name:core.attrs"/>
> </xs:complexType>
>
> <xs:complexType name="ParentNode">
>     <xs:complexContent>
>       <xs:extension base="name:BaseNode">
>         <xs:sequence>
>           <xs:element ref="name:ChildNode"/>
>         </xs:sequence>
>       </xs:extension>
>     </xs:complexContent>
>   </xs:complexType>
>
> <xs:complexType name="ChildNode">
>     <xs:complexContent>
>       <xs:extension base="name:BaseNode">
>         <xs:sequence>
>           <xs:element ref="name:SomethingElse"/>
>         </xs:sequence>
>       </xs:extension>
>     </xs:complexContent>
>   </xs:complexType>
>
> Is that what you are talking about?

  That could be, I haven't learnt about schemas yet, so I cant check
myself.  I'll use examples to demonstrate what I asked, so you or
someone else can check for me.
Please ignore the fact that there isn't actually and <script> elements
used with the <noscript> elements here.

Example 1:
<!ELEMENT p (PCDATA | Inline | List | blockcode | blockquote | pre |
table)*>
<!-- Legal -->

<!-- Illegal -->

Example 2:
<!ELEMENT span (PCDATA | Inline)*>

<!-- Legal -->

<!-- Illegal -->

The noscript element should inherit the content model of its parent.
For example 1, the content model will become equivalent to:
<!ELEMENT noscript (PCDATA | Inline | List | blockcode | blockquote |
pre | table)*>

And, for example 2, the content model will become equivalent to:
<!ELEMENT noscript (PCDATA | Inline)*>

  So, basically, I'm asking, is it possible to have a dynamic content
model for an element?

CYA
...Lachy