Re: Type Attribute

What protocol is there other than HTTP that supports
multiple versions of a resource available from the same URL?
Unless someone can present one that sees real use today,
adding to the burden that a user agent would face in
implementing XHTML by turning type into a multivalued
attribute with q-values is  a pointless bit of gee-whizery.

Even if such a protocol exists, unless it does not have
its own analogs of the Accept header and q-values
all the  comments about how the type attribute is redundant
with an http: URL would apply just as much.